At last, a positive discipline book that is chock-full of practical tips, strategies, skills and ideas for parents of babies through teenagers, and tells you EXACTLY what to do "in the moment" for every type of behaviour, from whining to web surfing.
Parents and children today face very different challenges from those faced by the previous generation. Today's children play not only in the sandbox down the street, but also in the World Wide Web, which is too big and complex for parents to control and supervise. As young as age four, your children can contact the world, and the world can contact them. A strong bond between you and your child is critical in order for your child to regard you as their trusted advisor. Traditional discipline methods no longer work with today's children, and they destroy your ability to influence your increasingly vulnerable children who need you as their lifeline! You need new discipline tools!
Help your child gain:
- strong communication skills for school, career and relationship success
- healthy self esteem, confidence and greater emotional intelligence
- assertiveness, empathy, problem solving and anger management skills
- a respectful, loving connection with you
You will gain:
- an end to resentment, frustration, anger, tears and defiance in your parent-child relationship
- tools to respectfully handle most modern challenging parenting situations including biting, hitting, tantrums, bedtimes, picky eating, chores, homework, sibling wars, smoking, "attitude", and video/computer games
- a loving, respectful, teaching and fun connection with your child!
Judy Arnall is a Parent Educator for several organizations, a Toastmaster-accredited speaker and mother of five children. She has taught thousands of parents respectful, research based parenting tools that have brought them closer to their children.